Available from Clever Travel Companion, the men’s boxer briefs shown here are available in cotton, Modal (95/5 rayon/spandex), or a 65/35 cotton/polyester blend. The ladies’ briefs are a boy style in order to accommodate the pockets, and are available in the rayon/spandex blend.
I tried a pair made with the rayon/spandex blend, and found them very comfortable. If you use one of the pockets for a passport, it’s a perfect fit, but it may take a few passes at sitting down for the passport to yield a bit and become unnoticeable. For extra cash, it’s an excellent solution.
A note: I wouldn’t venture into the TSA’s backscatter x-ray machine with anything in the pockets of these shorts – you’ll likely end up getting up close and personal with a friendly TSA automaton. Other than that caveat, these are terrific. As with money belts, you’ll have to retire to a private spot (e.g., rest room) in order to retrieve your passport or extra cash.
All this goodness comes at a price – the shorts are $29.90 each. Tank tops and long johns are also available. See everything here: Clever Travel Companion
Note: Use code PracticalHacks15 to receive 15% off your order; shipping is FREE on orders over $50.
- Red Oxx adds Pin Mount Key Clip to product line
- “Red Tag” Sale at Daymakers offers big savings on bags and travel gear
- Bag lust: Red Oxx Safari-Beanos PR4 review
- Quick take: ScotteVest Ultimate Hoodie
- Foil thieves with a TSA-approved WordLock luggage lock
- Coolibar Sun Escape shirt: Beat the heat (and sun) in style!