Quick Chicken Quesadillas
Next time you’re scrambling to come up with a quick yet satisfying casual meal, consider making 5 Minute Quesadillas!
- Flour tortillas
- Mexican cheese mix or your favorite cheeses, shredded
- 1 rotisserie chicken (whatever flavor/seasoning you prefer), breast/thigh/wing meat shredded or sliced thinly
- Optional: cilantro
- Optional: serve with extra salsa and/or sour cream
- Makes 8 – 10 quesadillas
Shred as much chicken as required: a single breast will provide enough meat for 3 to 4 quesadillas. Spread cheese mixture on one half of each tortilla, top with chicken, salsa, cilantro if preferred, and more cheese. Fold over, and heat in a saucepan over medium heat until cheese is fully melted and tortilla is browned a bit; repeat on the other side. Serve with refried beans, black beans, rice, or whatever you prefer.
A couple of quick photos: first, assembling a quesadilla. You can include whatever you like or have on hand, for instance a few jalapeno slices or chopped chiles if you want some extra heat, or perhaps some guacamole…
I cover the quesadillas with a clear cover to trap the heat and ensure that everything is heated through and the cheese fully melts. When the first side is browned a bit, flip it over for another minute or two.
When my wife is out of town and I need to come up with something quick for dinner, this is one of the things I’ll make. They’re super easy, can be tailored exactly to your tastes, and really only take a few minutes to pull together! Give them a try!
- Traditional Italian dish #2: Pasta and Peas – frugal, meatless, delicious!
- Killer cheese dip: 3 ingredients, ~20 minutes… delicious!
- Traditional Italian Dish #4: Lentils and Pasta – frugal, meatless, delicious!
- Minimalist cooking: spicy roast chicken
- Broccoli & macaroni – frugal, simple, meatless, delicious
- Maytag: quite possibly America’s best blue cheese!