I’m working on a post which was inspired by Till Richter’s Forum thread entitled “Small Hacks – Big Effect,” and it’s taken a bit longer to pull together than I expected; I hope to publish it tomorrow or Wednesday.
In the meantime, I wonder if any of you have purchased from Saddleback Leather Company. The firm offers a number of heavy duty, handmade leather goods – briefcases, laptop bags, duffels, backpacks, and overnight bags – all of which look quite handsome, and which also feature a “100 Year Warranty.”
A word of warning: all this goodness doesn’t come cheap – the overnight bag is a bit north of $500, and that’s typical. The firm does off a number of wallets and even a luggage tag, and these items command much lower tariffs, of course.
If you go for that classic leather bag look, you can engage in some serious bag lust at the Saddleback site (see link in the 2nd paragraph of this post). And if you have one of these products, I’d love to hear about your experience; please comment.
- Saddleback Leather Briefcase: Beautiful briefcase turns ugly as a travel bag
- 7 great sites for travel gear bargains
- A shoulder strap with a focus on security
- Make your luggage stand out on the carousel with acrylic tags
- What type of checked bag gets damaged least often? Find out from an airline baggage “thrower!”
- Timbuk2 Commute 2.0 Messenger Bag on sale at Amazon