In late August of 2008 I first wrote about my “90 day ‘Action Plan’” and made a simple, bare bones version available to readers. If you’re not familiar with it, it’s a great “seal the deal” tool to bring with you to a second interview: an outline of how you plan to approach your first three months on the job, should you be hired. I’ve used this approach several times, and it works. Someone is selling a similar document on the web for $79!
About a dozen readers have either commented or emailed me that it was instrumental in their landing new jobs.
But the file was simplicity itself: a bare bones, no-frills template, the most basic of Word documents, and nothing else. And that’s always bothered me: I want this to be as effective a tool for my readers as possible.
That’s why I recently worked with a talented graphic designer to upgrade the appearance and professionalism of the document. In addition, I developed a complete set of instructions on how to use the Plan, including a series of questions to ask during your first interview – the answers to which will help you craft your 90 Day Plan.
The upgraded 90 Day Action Plan is now available. See the FREE Downloads page.
- Ace your second interview!!
- 6 great interview questions – for employers
- Twenty something? Job seeker? How to dramatically increase your chances of getting the job
- The recession: What’s your new Plan B… or C?
- Can you top these resume mistakes – and lies??
- Twenty something? Job seeker? Are you forgetting these 10 interviewing basics??