Fodor’s editor Doug Stallings covers 5 times you should always use flyer miles, and 4 situations that are more suited to purchasing tickets with cash: Frequent Flyer Miles: When Should You Use One or the Other?
In addition to some solid tips, Doug’s article also includes links to several sites useful to frequent air travelers.
One of those links is to Airfare Watchdog’s matrix of frequent flyer fees (updated 12/08) – it’s a great reference if you’re often using miles: Airline frequent flyer fee chart
- Steve Kamb: How to fly around the world for $418
- Gee, thanks, US Airways!
- Testing the commemorative coin/frequent flyer miles tactic
- Quick way to run up miles at US Airways
- Kayak: Domestic airline fees (chart)
- 3 online discount airfare “secrets” guides: are they worth it?